Acceptable Use Policy: forums.thefoundry.co.uk &
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under
which you may access our website domains forums.thefoundry.co.uk and
support.thefoundry.co.uk (“our site”). This acceptable use policy
applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all
the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms
of website use .
forums.thefoundry.co.uk and support.thefoundry.co.uk are site domains
operated by The Foundry Visionmongers Limited (“we” or “us”). We
are registered in England and Wales under company number 4642027 and we
have our registered office and main trading address at 6th Floor, The
Communications Building, 48 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LT, United
Kingdom. Our VAT number is 945701320.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use
• In any way that breaches any applicable local,
national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has
any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm
minors in any way.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use
or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any
unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any
other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any
material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs,
keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or
similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any
computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any
part of our site (including but not limited to contributions of
contributors) in contravention of the provisions of our terms of
• Not to access without authority, interfere with,
damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used
by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site,
including, without limitation, chat rooms; bulletin boards; forums;
interviews; videos; tips, tricks and tutorials (“interactive services”).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear
information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is
moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is
human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in
particular, for children) from third parties when they use any
interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each
case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant
service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of
those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or
moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we
expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the
use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our
content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the
consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their
children to use an interactive service that it is important that they
communicate with their children about their safety online, as
moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive
service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide
you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or
These content standards apply to any and all material which you
contribute to our site (“contributions”), and to any interactive
services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as
the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as
well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any
country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any
• Contain any material which is obscene, offensive,
hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex,
religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade
mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third
party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy,
or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or
annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to
misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from us, if
this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such
as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach
of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When
a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a
our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of
your right to use our site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any
posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of
all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to,
reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement
authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this
acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are
not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this
page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take
notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some
of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be
superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.